Tuesday, May 20, 2008



This is another variation on the last post. The first one I made just playing around one night. My dd was home from college and saw it so asked me to make one for her. She had a wedding coming up. We made a deal, she arranged the flowers and I did the rest. It was her idea to add the black "tux" behind the bride to look like the groom is standing behind her. I liked the contrast between a wedding card and a shower card. I thought it would be fun to make more variations on it using sports uniforms, sundresses, graduation gown, etc. I made 2 others since but didn't take pics. They were sure well liked. the idea and initial pattern came from Janine Tinklenberg. I'm to green at this to figure out how to add a link to her sight but it's called stampspaperscissors.typepad. More specifics, I used the friendship blooms SAB set, made 1/8" scores and bent them to look like pleats on the waistband. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

ChrissyM said...

What a lovely card. I like the black behind the bride. I love your blog header, what a gorgeous flower.

To link to some one's blog or another site you highlight their name in your post and then go up to your blogger tool bar and its the 6 thing in (next to where you can change your font color) it looks like a chain click on that and then you paste or type the webaddress in there and then done. So now readers can click on the name (word) and it will take them right there. Hope I didn't confuss you, if you need help email me.

LeAnne said...

I love this! What a great idea. I was gonna tell you how to link, but I see Chrissy already did! Cool!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!
LeAnne :D